The first unit was completed and opened on October 15, 1908. The first unit was built by Pete Tuss, a Croatian immigrant who came to Lewistown either in 1898 or 1899. The second unit, the longest of the five units, was started in 1913. John F. Plovanic was the chief stonemason in charge. The Third Unit was a Maternity Ward, built in 1926. John F. Plovanic got the contract for quarrying and the stonemasonry. The fourth Unit was built in 1933 by John F. Plovanic. The distinctive feature of this unit is the compound arch that houses St. Joseph, the statue. The design and measurement was done by Plovanic, himself, while W. S. Devine was the architect. The fifth Unit was built in 1935-1936 by John Plovanic. May be the interior of the St. Joseph's hospital.