It was built by Daniel "Pickhandle" Burke in 1917. When Burke saw the need for such a building, he procured the site and set to work on his plans, little did he realize that years later his warehouse would be the storage place for nine-million pounds of British-owned wool, so valuable that for four years a 24-hour-a-day guard was maintained at the warehouse which was securely locked. It was in the summer of 1943 that the wool, shipped to Lewistown from Australia, was placed in the warehouse. The wool was in double bales, each weighing between 800 and 900 pounds. The single bale count was 29,000. It was located at the end of 2nd Avenue South and was torn down in 2012.